With a track record dating back to 1988, this specialisation has a strong reputation in both the business community and public office. It is renowned for its high quality, practical relevance and versatile graduates. Managers, consultants, policy makers; our LinkedIn alumni group shows that the specialisation in Urban, Port and Transport Economics will open doors to a successful career anywhere for you.
Most of our alumni find a job within a month after graduation. They work in diverse roles and deal with varying topics ranging from optimising supply chains and logistics networks, to making large real estate decisions and devising city growth strategies. There are good connections to the business world through the professors, guest lecturers and our student association, so graduates have excellent job market prospects. Companies our alumni work for include:
- Transport and logistics: A.P. Moller – Maersk, Express Cargo International, Inc, Nextlogic, PostNL, Cycleon
- Retail: Nike, Adidas, L’Oreal, Albert Heijn, Jacobs Douwe Egberts, Nestlé Nespresso SAReal estate: Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, Everglow Real Estate Management BV
- Consultancy: Ecorys, Deloitte, EY, KPMG
- Government: Ministerie van Financiën, Ministerie van Sociale Zaken, CBS
- Chemical industry: LyondellBasel, Shell *
* Based on details from alumni graduated between January 2018 and July 2021
Satisfaction! The programme Urban, Port and Transport Economics lived up to all my expectations of a masters specialization in economics.
The programme brings much more than the name brings to mind, it offers a variety of courses that will serve as a perfect foundation for your career.