About snakes, martial arts movies and 1000 kilos of poo
About the connection between intestinal flora and diseases like Crohn and diabetes.
Longterm stress can lead to obesity and cardiovascular disease. Internist/endocrinologist Liesbeth van Rossum about the dangerous consequences of unnecessary tension.
About the anatomical correctness - or rather, incorrectness - in fight scenes.
Plus a crash course in extracting poision from snakes by snake-expert Richard Mastenboek - yes, with actual snakes in the studio.
His wish was finally granted. Rightly so? Or does this create a dangerous precedent?
- Professor of surgery Hans Jeekel about the role of music in the operating room.
- Sociologist Fabian Dekker about the 'uberisation' of the job market - surviving in the 'gig' economy
- Historian Clemens van Herwaarden about the rise of populism around the world
- Criminologist Richard Staring - will Rotterdam be the new Calais?
- Plus live music by Afro/Latin-kwintet Apacáy