Borrow books once again from Monday May 11!
Good news! As from Monday May 11 you can once again borrow books from the Rotterdamsch Leeskabinet and the University Library. The building will be open for pick-up and returning on weekdays from 12.00 to 14.00 hrs.
For now, this pertains only to books that you have requested beforehand. The open collection is not yet accessible. You can request books in the usual manner via the catalogue, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The procedure for picking up and returning books has been altered in strict compliance with the latest guidelines laid down by the RIVM, the Dutch national health authority.
Request and pick up:
- If you request a book before 9 AM via the catalogue or by e-mailing email@example.com, you can pick up the book the same or the next day;
- Only come to the library after you have received notice that your books are ready for pick up;
- Both the entrance and the exit are on the Institutenlaan, at street level;
- You can pick up your books between 12.00 and 14.00 hrs.;
- You may borrow books only when showing your library card
How does it work?
- After entering the library through the revolving door, you may disinfect your hands;
- You may return your books;
- Scan your library card at the self scanner;
- A library staff member will check with you if the requested books are all there;
- The books will be packed in a bag and put on the table for you;
- You will exit the library through the sliding door
Returned books will be quarantined for a few days as an extra security measure, during which time these books will still show in your borrowers account. If you return books on Monday, they will be removed from your account on Wednesday. You will receive a confirmation of this transaction.
We hope to see you in the library soon, but please observe the following:
- Come by yourself, do not bring anybody else
- Keep a personal distance of one and a half meters
- Do not visit us if you have a cold