Celebrate the 107th Dies online
Today we celebrate the 107th Dies Natalis of the Erasmus University Rotterdam. After the overwhelming succes of the broadcast of the Opening of the Academic Year with 16.000 viewers, the university now celebrates her birthday completely online.
The Dies Natalis 2020 has the theme ‘Leading today, shaping tomorrow’ and is available online now. Click on the video bellow to watch the broadcast. Two prominent speakers take the stage (see program). Also two honorary doctorates will be awarded and there are several performances of spoken word artist Kevin ‘Blaxtar’ de Randamie.
- Contributions of two prominent speakers: internationally renowned architect Francine Houben and successful entrepreneur and EUR alumnus Frank Slootman.
- The presentation of two honorary doctorates to professor Jane Dutton (University of Michigan) and professor Katharina Pistor (Columbia University) by promotors from Rotterdam School of Management and Erasmus School of Law.
- The presentation of the FAME Athena Award to professor Antoinette de Bont because of her exceptional contribution to promote gender diversity en inclusion at the Erasmus University.
- Performances by ‘Blaxtar’ de Randamie about Making Minds Matter, the university's motto.
- A conversation with students and the rector magnificus Rutger Engels about leadership and the relevance of universities and a speech by the chair of the Executive board Ed Brinksma.