At the opening of the next academic year 2021-2022, Erasmus University will grant its first Sustainability Award. The award, sponsored by the EUR strategy office, celebrates those initiatives of the EUR community that have made or will make a significant impact to aid EURs sustainability goals.
With Strategy 2024, Erasmus University made the commitment to create a positive societal impact, and take responsibility for sustainable development. Our goal to become an eco-positive university which has sustainability embedded into its DNA can only be achieved the Erasmian way: through innovation, interdisciplinarity, inclusiveness, and co-creation with the EUR community. Therefore, we invite the EUR community to nominate a maximum of 2 candidates per faculty and 2 candidates of the Professional Services Community suitable for the Sustainability Award.
The Sustainability Award has a monetary value of a maximum of € 5,000 to be invested in the initiative. The winners will also receive a certificate of appreciation signed by the Rector Magnificus.
The Sustainability Award is awarded to a new or existing initiative created by students, student associations, staff, alumni, or young EUR start-ups, that has or will make a positive contribution to the sustainability of Erasmus University Rotterdam.
For each nominated candidate one PDF document should be submitted which includes the following information:
- A letter of recommendation from the respective faculty dean, or director of Professional Services, which indicates the degree to which the initiative responds to the following criteria:
- the initiative contributes to the visibility of EUR;
- the initiative supports EUR’s sustainability goals;
- the initiative aims for a clear sustainability impact;
- the initiative fits the Erasmian Way of working (co-creative, innovative, interdisciplinary, outside-in, and/or inclusive);
- the innovative ideas are applicable and scalable or replicable;
- the innovative ideas leverage future-oriented initiatives as part of the EUR Strategy 2024.
- A description of the initiative of max. 4 pages, including motives, activities, collaborations, and realized or potential sustainability results.
- A concise plan (max. 2 pages) motivating how the prize money will be invested in the initiative including an elaborated budget.