We are looking for student correspondents who want to report on the events of BlueCity and the Design Impact Transition (DIT) platform in Rotterdam. Are you interested in sustainability and circular economy? And do you want to bring stories from BlueCity, the icon and example of a local circular economy, to a wider audience? Then we are looking for you!
BlueCity is an icon and example of what a circular economy could look like, based in the middle of Rotterdam. At BlueCity, entrepreneurs come together who want to work on making the circular economy happen. BlueCity and the DIT platform (Erasmus University) are joining forces to ensure that the stories from this circular practice find their way into the academic world. By doing so, we want to create a better understanding of what this transition entails today and thus hopefully ensure acceleration towards a circular society.
BlueCity and DIT regularly organize events on sustainability and circular economy. We are looking for correspondents who would like to attend some events and then publish a blog about them on our websites. This way we can reach more people with our sustainable message, while you gain experience as a reporter and get access to BlueCity's network of circular entrepreneurs.
What does it involve?
- You are a correspondent for half a year or a full year (depending on your availability)
- You will visit a minimum of 3 events and thus write 3 blogposts. In addition, you edit (together with your colleagues) the articles of other correspondents.
- You work in a team of correspondents and edit each other's articles
- You ensure, in consultation with BlueCity and DIT, that your articles are published on time
What are we looking for in you?
- Curious and eager to learn
- Affinity with sustainability, circular economy and transitions
- Strong written communication skills
- Good command of Dutch or English (some events are held in English, others in Dutch)
- You study at Erasmus University
What do you get from us?
- A press pass to visit events of BlueCity for free
- Access to the BlueCity network and the opportunity to come into contact with circular entrepreneurs and pioneers
- Your articles shared on the websites of BlueCity and DIT
Does this appeal to you?
You can apply by sending an email with a short motivation (max. 500 words) to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is April 14, 12:00. Do you have questions about the position? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Design Impact Transition (DIT) platform is a place for transdisciplinary and transformative academic work at Erasmus University Rotterdam. DIT brings together academics, students, non-academic staff and stakeholders around complex and persistent social challenges. Together, DIT aims to enable radically new ways of researching, teaching and engaging for a just and sustainable future.
BlueCity is the place in Rotterdam where the pioneers of the circular economy come together. Here entrepreneurial minds can meet and develop concrete action perspectives, whether it's about increasing your impact, living zero waste or developing a future proof material.