Apply for Bachelor International Bachelor in Psychology
Do you want to study Psychology in Rotterdam? Please check if you are eligible before you apply. You can find our admission requirements here. From October you can start your application in Studielink for 2020-2021.
Our application deadline is 15 January 2020, 23:59 CET.
Erasmus University Rotterdam has a numerus fixus for the International Bachelor in Psychology. We have a maximum of 600 places available. The 600 places are assigned through decentralized selection. Please find all the information about the application- and selection procedure below.
How to apply
The application deadline for the International Bachelor in Psychology is 15 January 2020, 23:59 CET, including all required documents.
Please find more information here:
The first step is to register in Studielink.
- Make sure that you choose the right programme and that you fill out the correct previous education.
- If you have obtained or will obtain an IB diploma in The Netherlands you should register as NON-DUTCH prior education.
- Please do not register with an outlook; live or hotmail e-mail address as our e-mails often get spammed.
After you have registered in Studielink, you will receive an e-mail with a link to our EUR Admissions Portal and an e-mail with your login details (ERNA-details). When you log in to the Admissions Portal, you will have to upload the following documents:
- A photo (for your student card)
- A copy of a valid passport or EU ID-card
- A copy of your diploma or hbo propedeuse* (if you have obtained it)
- You have not yet completed your high school education, please include a statement of your high school counselor by using the template.
- Please also upload your secondary school diploma, also if you have already obtained a bachelor or master degree. Include the diploma(s) of your other degree(s) as well.
- A copy of a grade list of the latest completed academic year of your secondary school education or the education that gives access to our programme.*
Please read the bullet points carefully. Upload;
- The transition report to your final secondary school year if you have not obtained your secondary school diploma yet.
- The final grade list of your secondary school education if you have obtained your diploma
- The final grade list of your secondary school education if you apply with a hbo propedeuse (first year certificate) but you have not obtained your propedeuse yet
- The final grade list of your hbo propedeuse is you have obtained your hbo propedeuse
- The final grade list of your secondary school education, also if you have already obtained a bachelor or master degree. Include the grade list(s) of your other degree(s) as well.
- Proof of proficiency in the English language.
- Please upload a grade list, certificate or statement (visit this page to see what applies to you) if you meet our language requirements.
- Please upload language test results if you do not meet our language requirements and you have taken a language test. Please consult our language requirements to see what tests and scores we accept
* Important: please note that if the original documents are in a language other than English, Dutch, French or German you need to provide both the copies of originals as well as official (certified) translations. Self-made translations will not be accepted.
- All documents should be saved in Word of PDF format.
- Only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
- It is your responsibility to upload all required documents before 15 January 2020, 23.59 CET.
After the application deadline, on 3 February you will receive information about the Selection Assessment. This assessment consists of the following parts.
Please note: the assessment needs to be completed before 29 February 23:59 CET.
- An online test. You will receive all necessary documentation (lectures and articles) beforehand to prepare for the test.
- Your motivation and your learning style and/or study approach.
Completing the Selection Assessment will take you approximately 4-8 hours.
Keep in mind that you cannot adjust or retake the assessment after you have completed it. We also cannot make any adjustments for you.
Based on the outcome of the assessment and your average grade, we make a ranking list of all applications. From 15 April 2020 you can see which place on the ranking list was assigned to you.
If you are selected, you will need to accept your place within 2 weeks. If you do not accept your place on time, it will (automatically) be given away to the next candidate on the list.
This way, places are assigned until 600 students have confirmed their spot.