Graduation - Erasmus School of Economics
Erasmus School of Economics
- Procedure for completion Master's studies
- Date of graduation Erasmus School of Economics
- Graduation day Erasmus School of Economics
Graduation procedure Erasmus School of Economics
After your supervisor and co-reader have approved your master’s thesis via the Thesis Workflow, an e-mail will be sent to your student e-mail address from the Thesis Workflow.
You may only request graduation once you have processed all your results in Osiris and received the approval from the Thesis Workflow.
You then log in to OSIRIS student, go the tab 'Cases', click on 'My cases'. Then at the top right click on 'Start a new case'. Before you complete the registration form, check with your supervisors when you can defend your thesis. After consulting your supervisors, complete the registration form for the master’s examinations.
An approval or rejection will be sent to your student email address within 1 or 2 working days.
In the approval, you can plan a date for your defence via 'Online Arrangements'. Only do this after consulting your supervisors about their availability on the same day and at the same time. It is not allowed to reserve more than one timeslot. (Please note that the time may change).
Your thesis defence will last approximately one hour.
Erasmus School of Economics graduation dates
For both the student and supervisor it is good to realize that there are generally seven weeks between the moment the student hands in the final version of the thesis and the actual defence."
Applications must be received by us at least 4 weeks before the date of graduation to be requested - on the appropriate form.
Date of graduation
Deadline for applying the Master exam
|17 September 2019||21 August 2019|
|19 September 2019||22 August 2019|
|24 September 2019||27 August 2019|
|25 September 2019||28 August 2019|
|26 September 2019||29 August 2019|
|27 September 2019||30 August 2019|
|08 October 2019||12 September 2019|
|18 October 2019||20 September 2019|
|24 October 2019||26 September 2019|
|07 November 2019||10 October 2019|
|12 November 2019||15 October 2019|
|03 December 2019||05 November 2019|
|10 December 2019||12 November 2019|
|12 December 2019||14 November 2019|
|14 January 2020||17 December 2019|
|16 January 2020||19 December 2019|
|21 January 2020||06 January 2020|
|14 February 2020||17 January 2020|
|27 February 2020||30 January 2020|
|17 March 2020||18 February 2020|
|09 April 2020||12 March 2020|
|16 April 2020||19 March 2020|
|30 April 2020||02 April 2010|
|11 May 2020||14 April 2020|
|19 May 2020||21 April 2020|
|28 May 2020||30 April 2020|
|11 June 2020||14 May 2020|
|23 June 2020||26 May 2020|
|25 June 2020||28 May 2020|
To ensure everything goes smoothly on your graduation day and during the graduation ceremony (during which you receive diploma), we have compiled a check list. This protocol applies to students taking Master’s examinations.
- The graduation ceremony will be held in the examination rooms in the Erasmus building (A).
- On your graduation day, you should report to room AB-11 a quarter of an hour before the start of the examination session.
- If the session is open to the public, your guests may attend.
- For the first fifteen minutes of the session (approximately), you will have the opportunity to explain your research, methodology and conclusions, as formulated in your thesis; after which the thesis committee will put questions to you.
- Subsequently, the committee will leave the examination room, to discuss your final mark, and you and your guests will remain there to await their return.
- Once a decision has been made about your final mark, you and your guests will be invited to attend the graduation ceremony.
- At the ceremony, the committee will hand you your diploma, corresponding list of marks and supplement.
- Afterwards, there will be an opportunity for people to offer you their congratulations in the hall.
There are various restaurants in the university complex where you can continue your celebrations. However, it is advisable to enquire about these possibilities in advance and to make a reservation in good time. To consider the various possibilities, please refer to http://www.erasmuspaviljoen.nl/
On behalf of the Study Progress and Diploma Administration Team, we would like to wish you an enjoyable and memorable day!