International Student Housing Rooms (ISHR) is a private initiative to manage shared living properties in The Netherlands. It was founded by former students of Erasmus University Rotterdam, who now work in the financial industry. ISHR is not an intermediary. It is a landlord-owned operating platform, developed based on lessons learned from a decade of interactions between international students and Dutch private landlords.
The EUR has agreed on a partnership with ISHR and we have reserved around 40 flat share rooms exclusively for our first year International Bachelor or Master students.
The rooms can only be booked for a fixed rental period starting 10 August 2022 until 31 July 2023.
ISHR aims to offer individual rooms to international students in flats with a shared kitchen and bathroom. Tenants can book them, based upon accurate photo’s, floorplans and videos. Furthermore, the rates of ISHR are flat and do not consist of hidden fees that are calculated afterwards. At ISHR, your lease includes anything from furniture, utilities and taxes. Registration is also possible in every one of our rooms. When things do not go as planned, the support teams stand by to fix the problems swiftly for you.
ISHR room rates are based the principle that all ISHR leases are including furniture, utilities, taxes and cleaning. The rooms included in the EUR Reserved room program by ISHR vary between €450 and €650 a month. Besides this, ISHR requires tenants to pay a one-time deposit based on one-month’s rent. The deposit will be refunded in full at the of the lease (assuming no damages or payment irregularities have occurred)
Although the flats are located in many parts of Rotterdam, most flats are in the (wider) Kralingen area – all due to vicinity of the EUR of course.
The rooms will at least have:
- Window blinds
- A properly sized bed
- Ample storage space
- Wardrobe with shelves and hangers
- Desk and desk chair
- Lockable room
Shared living spaces
- Shared kitchen (fully equipped: cooker, cooker hood, combi-microwave, sink, fridge, freezer, utensils)
- Bathroom (shower, washing machine, dryer)
- Cleaning lady
- Gas, water and electricity
- Municipal taxes
(ISHR has no additional hidden fees)
The ISHR flats come with full technical support. ISHR can deploy a variety of service crews to fix your problems in a moment’s notice.
When a student decides to cancel their contract prior to their arrival, ISHR entitles itself to retain a share of the deposit with respect to the amount of day before the beginning of the tenancy period.
- Cancellation within 24 hours after paid the security deposit ISHR will retain €100.
- Cancellation after 24 hours but tenancy does not commence within the following 14 days ISHR will retain €250.
- Cancellation after 24 hours but tenancy does not commence within the following 2 days ISHR will retain €400.
- In all other circumstances, ISHR is entitled to retain the full security deposit.
When the tenants want to break their contract before the official contract-end, the following rules apply:
- The notice period for breaking the contract is one month.
- All payment obligations are terminated, except operational fee.
- Operational fee will be €150 monthly and when breaking the contract early, the total operational fee for the remainder of your contract will become due. For example: when the contract is broken 4 months prior to the original contract end date, the amount due will be 4 x €150 + one month’s rent (notice period). The remainder of the month in which the contract is cancelled cannot be refunded.
ISHR offers their tenants the option to do work for a charity organization in Rotterdam. If done, ISHR will give a discount of €50 on the tenants lease. The charity we work with is NL Cares.
The rooms at ISHR will be booked based on first come, first serve. Before applying take note that you have to meet the following criteria:
- You are a first year admitted student at the EUR.
- You don’t have the Dutch nationality.