On 1 September 2017 XIOR student Housing has opened a brand new student housing building right next to the Woudestein campus of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). This 8 floor building has 280 studio apartments, which all have private bathroom and kitchen facilities.
The EUR has agreed on a partnership with Xior, and we have reserved 259 studio apartments exclusively for our first year International Bachelor or Master students.
The rooms can only be booked for a fixed rental period starting 15 August 2020 until 10 August 2021.
Xior will handle the whole process – from making a room reservation to payments. But certainly EUR is constantly in touch with XIOR ‘behind the scenes’ to make sure the quality and services level remain high.
The registration at XIOR for the academic year opens on:
- Important update: The registration at XIOR for the academic year opens on Monday 25 May 2020 at 12 PM CEST (instead of Monday 11 May)
- As of this date you can register yourself via the XIOR booking website
- Go to www.xior-booking.com and filter that only Student Rooms in “Rotterdam” are visible.
- As of Monday 25 May 2020 at 12 PM CEST (instead of Monday 11 May) you will see all the available accommodation in Rotterdam.
- If you do not have an account yet you should first create one by clicking on “Register” in the menu.
- After filling in your email address, password, accepting the general provisions and clicking on the create button you will receive an e-mail. This e-mail will contain a link. By clicking on the link you will verify your account.
- After verifying your account you will be able to log in by clicking on “Login Booking” in the menu. Here you will have to enter your email address and password.
- After logging in you will be able to apply to your chosen room. Found a room? Then you can apply via the button “Apply here”.
- Next you will have to fill in the registration form. Keep the following in mind:
- The field BSN-number (Dutch Social Security Code) is optional. If you don’t have this number, you can leave this field empty.
- The field BIC is a required field. BIC stands for Bank Identifier Code (also sometimes referred to SWIFT-BIC) and is used when transferring money between bank account to bank account. If you don’t know this code you can look it up on the website of your own bank.
- When you have completed the form you hit the Send button.
Pay registration Fee
- After you have send the registration you will be asked to pay a registration fee of € 50,-. This fee is obligated and also non-refundable! After paying the fee, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Make sure to also check your Spam box if you haven’t received a message within a couple of minutes!
- You have 15 minutes to pay the € 50,- registration fee before the room offer expires. You can pay the fee with iDeal (with a Dutch IBAN number) or via PayPal.
- After you have paid the registration fee your request will be processed and XIOR and EUR will verified that you meet the criteria and are eligible to rent a room at XIOR.
- Within 10 business days you will receive an email with a definite booking confirmation and payment details.
If you have any question regarding the registration at XIOR please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rent for short stay accommodation for international students is in general always higher than rents Dutch students are paying. This is because you are renting fully furnished accommodation, including several extra services, available upon your arrival.
At XIOR you can rent rooms in the 'inner circle' and 'outer circle' (see photo album below). The prices range between € 732,50 and € 792,50 including services.
The rooms will be delivered complete, including:
- a PVC floor
- private bathroom (shower, toilet, washbasin)
- kitchen (2 ceramic cooker, combi-microwave)
- a bed (1.20m by 2.10m) with mattress and cover
- 2 storage drawers
- wardrobe with shelves
- desk with storage compartments and 2 drawers
- an office chair
Furthermore, all homes are equipped with electronic locks, own energy meters and a Wi-Fi network. Look for more information about the rooms on the website of XIOR.
Within the building a launderette is provided where you can wash and dry at a fixed compulsory fee and a study room. There is a central collection point for household waste outside and the communal areas are cleaned twice a week. The building has several stairs and two lifts.
The rooms at XIOR will be booked based on first come, first serve. Before applying take note that you have to meet the following criteria:
- You are a first year admitted student at the EUR;
- You don’t have the Dutch nationality;
- You don’t live in the Netherlands;
- You are between 17 and 30 years old;
- Rental period: 15 August 2020 - 10 August 2021
If you have to cancel your tenancy agreement at XIOR you can do so according the below mentioned terms. If you decide to start your study at our University online, you have 2 options:
- Keep the reservation and pay the monthly rent.
- Cancel your reservation according the terms below and look for accommodation as of the date you expect to arrive in The Netherlands.
Please keep in mind that you cannot postpone your reservation or put in on hold until you to arrive in The Netherlands. In case of a no show you will lose your total down payment.
3 months before the start of the tenancy agreement
Your down payment will be refunded minus the administrative costs.
2 months before the start of the tenancy agreement
Your down payment will be for 75% refunded minus the administrative costs.
1 month before the start of the tenancy agreement
Your down payment will be for 50% refunded minus the administrative costs.
Within 1 one month before the start of the tenancy agreement.
Cancellation is not possible anymore but only in exceptional cases. Xior will process each case individually.
Whereto should I send my cancellation request?
You can send your cancellation request directly to Xior using their email address: email@example.com.
You can find more information about Xior accommodations on their general XIOR Website.