Let's Talk About Stress | Ted Talks
- Start date
Monday, 7 Oct 2019, 18:00
- End date
Monday, 7 Oct 2019, 21:00
- Communicaty for Learning Innovation (Ground floor Polak Building)
Feeling stressed? Six speakers will share their thoughts on the reasons and solutions to stress and unhappiness in everyday (student) life. Hang in and talk along during our Ted-talk speakers’ pitch!
What will the programme look like?
- Introduction by students from the Happy Student Society
- Pitch of society and speakers;
- Explanation of the evening set;
- Dividing students over speaker-rooms.
More information about the speakers:
- Suzanna Opree on what the media tells us to be important vs. what makes us happy;
- Dr. Ruth van der Hallen on “Coping strategies: Why should you care?”;
- Martin Blok (ISS) on experiences of international (third world country) students in the Netherlands and the support offered to help them
- Gilroy Fraser (independent researcher municipality) on the (psycho- social) consequences of not feeling welcomed as a foreign student in Rotterdam. In his research for the municipality of Rotterdam, Fraser investigates the relevance of the feeling ‘at home’ amongst exchange students;
- Dr. Birgit Mayer (ESSB Psychology) on “Perfectionism/Procrastination/Mindfulness”
- Dr. Brian Godor (ESSB Pedagogical Sciences) on “Just surviving college and life? Insights from Resiliency Theory to thrive in a chaotic world”.