- Start date
Friday, 28 Sep 2018, 19:30
- End date
Saturday, 29 Sep 2018, 01:00
- Nhow Hotel, Rotterdam
Meet scientific researchers and artists in the Nhow Hotel. They will show you how the city inspires them and ask you to share your ideas.
During Science Hotel, researchers of Erasmus University Rotterdam and Rotterdam-based artists will enter a dialogue with the audience. The researchers and artists will talk about their projects and ask the audience to give their opinion. An interactive evening, with exciting meetings between science and the city.
Scientific research, boring? What do you think of research into questions like:
- Why do children in some neighbourhoods have more holes in their teeth?
- Did you know that some buildings are built so that they can minimize the effects of disasters?
- Can older people live in the city, even if their health is getting less?
- What are effects on health of changes in urban policy?
- How creative is Rotterdam in comparison with other cities?
- Can undocumented refugees return to their country of origin in a sustainable way?
- How do dating apps perfectly match your romantic feelings?
- What can happen if a deadly poisonous snake escapes from your neighbours’ house?
- How much privacy are we willing to give up for our safety?
- Can a smart city also be sustainable?
- Can forensic researchers use DNA to determine the appearance of someone?
- And, where has the skull of Erasmus gone?
Come create knowledge together and enjoy an exciting evening full of science, art and music in the spectacular architectonic background of the Nhow Hotel, with a marvellous view of the Erasmus Bridge. View the full programme or download the schedule here.
During Science Hotel, you can also enjoy live music by Sound Medics, an all-round coverband consisting of medicine students from Rotterdam. The Sound Medics play covers in various styles: fun evergreens, soul, funk and pop classics and many more. They often play popular and well-known songs, but perform them with a special Sound Medics twist.
Also, singer-songwriter Eline Mann will perform for you. Eline is a powerful and energetic singer with soul. She plays solo, with two backing vocalists. This year, she made it into the finals of the Grote Prijs van Nederland (Big Prize of the Netherlands). Her EP will be launched in the fall of 2018.