- Thursday 13 Jun 2019, 15:00 - 17:30
- Spoken Language
- Aula A
- International Institute of Social Studies
During this Rotterdam Global Health Initiative network meeting, researchers will discuss the concept of Social protection in health as one of the key strategies in addressing the financial impediments in accessing health care and moving towards so-called Universal Health Coverage.
With the inherent interplay between poverty and illness (where direct and indirect costs of health shocks increase the risk of further impoverishment and vice versa), social protection in health serves dual objectives of improving health status and reducing poverty.
During the meeting, researchers will discuss questions such as:
- What are the prominent alternatives to showcase social protection in health?
- What are the options in organizing such alternatives?
- What are the opportunities and challenges in financing social protection in health?
Professor Inge Hutter - Rector ISS
Professor Arjun Bedi - Deputy rector research at ISS
Dr Matthias Rieger - Assistant professor at ISS
Professor Tassew W. Hanna - President Addis Ababa University
Professor Bart Criel - Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Tropical Medicine in Antwerp
Dr Getnet Alemu - Assistant Professor at Addis Ababa University
Dr Carlos Riumallo Herl - Assistant Professor at Erasmus School of Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam
Download the programme and full details of the network meeting.