Why study Master Clinical Psychology
Why study this master programme?
- This is an intensive programme with an emphasis on applied psychology based on scientific evidence.
- It is oriented toward problem-solving, and you work in small groups to solve clinical psychological issues (i.e., ).
- The programme offers a strong emphasis and first-rate preparation for a career in the mental health field, (higher) education, or (scientific) research.
- The programme is taught in English.
What is this master track about?
This master track focuses on adult psychopathology. This field within psychology is studied from a scientific point of view. In this programme, we examine in particular the more complex varieties of psychopathology within an urban context. As we are located in the vibrant city of Rotterdam, this urban environment is often our field laboratory for our research and findings. In this context, complex psychopathological problems, like crime-related issues, personality disorders and addictions often occur.
Complex psychopathological problems.
Personality disorders and addictions.
Within each (theoretical) course of this master programme, we will discuss the methods of research that are used within the clinical scientific field to study abnormal behaviour, its etiology and treatments. This theoretical and methodological knowledge will be discussed in a unique active learning environment. In addition, a track of practical skills training is part of the programme. There are two options within this practical skills training (please note that you can only choose one):
1: Practical research skills training.
You will learn to tackle questions regarding brain functioning and cognitive emotional processes. In these practical groups, there will be lab training and assignments, and you will work together with students from the high-quality master track “Brain & Cognition”.
2: Clinical skills training.
You will learn basic therapeutic skills in the domains of couple therapy and behavioural-cognitive assessment and treatment techniques.
NB: We cannot guarantee the clinical skills training track to be sufficient to apply for post-academic programs for registered clinicians in the Netherlands or your country of origin.
Why study a master in Rotterdam?
- This is an intensive programme with an emphasis on applied psychology based on scientific evidence;
- You will work in small groups to solve problems you can encounter in the field;
- The programme is an excellent preparation for a career in the mental health field, (higher) education, or (scientific) research.
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Welcome to the highly-ranked Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), a research university located in the city of Rotterdam, the Netherlands. EUR offers 13 selective bachelor programmes, and more than 50 top master programmes, taught in English.
Erasmus University traces its origins back to 1913. The university has become internationally recognised for its distinct social orientation in education and research. Our 30,000+ students come from more than 100 countries all around the world.
Erasmus University Rotterdam. Make it happen.