Are you interested in the ever-changing media environment and the ways in which media affect our lifestyles, our self-image, and our relationships with others? How do media transform the relations between the private and the public, the global and the local, citizens and consumers, the media user and the producer. Would you like to explore these questions? The master Media, Culture & Society offers you the opportunity to do so, in a truly international classroom within one of Europe’s most diverse and multicultural cities.
Five reasons to choose Media, Culture and Society at the EUR
- You will gain cutting-edge knowledge of key developments in the media world and their wider societal causes and consequences.
- Against the background of quickly digitalising societies and media saturation, the programme allows you to study the production and reception of established and emerging media.
- The study programme is small scale, intensive and interactive. Special attention is paid to presentation, debate, analysis, writing, and research skills in seminars and research workshops.
- Instruction is given by an enthusiastic team of international lecturers who actively support you and who provide intensive and individual coaching.
- The programme's distinctive focus on the labour market facilitates graduates' access to high profile jobs in the field of media and digital technologies, culture, marketing, politics and beyond.
- You have the opportunity to join Case Projects and/or to go on exchange after you have completed your studies.
Alumni about the programme
The programme has helped me develop my critical, analytical and interpretative skills in regard to different types of media products – including social networks.
I wanted to learn as much as I could about the field of media and to conduct my own research on my special interest (fashion media) in order to really understand the sector.
My positive experience with the faculty, as well as the research orientation and the international aspect of the program were all important factors in my decision. Having graduated from IBCoM, these decision factors needed no second thoughts.