Assistance with funding
There are various sources for grants and scholarships including:
- the Dutch government
- your home university/institution
- business sponsorship
- your local government
- international organisations (e.g., Rotary Club, UN, World Bank etc)
Dutch government funding sources can be found through the grantfinder website. Some of the main funding programmes are listed below. Students from EU/EEA countries may also be eligible for a partial refund of their tuition fees via DUO.
The Holland Scholarship
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s in Holland. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000,-. You will receive this in the first year of your studies.
- Your nationality is non-EEA;
- You are applying for a full-time, English taught master’s programme at Erasmus School of Philosophy;
- You have never before studied at an education institution in the Netherlands;
- You have to pay the institute tuition fee because you do not meet the nationality requirement;
- You must have achieved excellent study results in your prior education. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.0 (or the equivalent) during your prior education. For these purposes, prior education means:
- for prospective master students: the previous bachelor study abroad
- You meet the specific requirements of Erasmus University Rotterdam
The scholarship will only be rewarded when you will start with the same programme for which you have applied and for which you have received admission.
How to apply
Students who have applied for the research master programme at Erasmus School of Philosophy and who meet the application criteria can apply for the scholarship.
The application procedure for the Holland Scholarship Programme is as follows:
The deadline for applications is May 1, 2021.
- Students can apply by sending an email to email@example.com, accompanied by an authenticated list of grades achieved during the student's prior education and a letter of motivation.
- Students will be notified of the awards committee's decision before 1st of June 2021.
Amount and payment
The scholarship amount with a maximum of € 5,000,- will be received by the student on November 1, 2021 (€2,500) and on February 1, 2022 (€2,500).