Erasmus Initiative Vital Cities and Citizens (VCC) is launching an Open Door Call for 2-year Interdisciplinary Research. The objective of the call is to stimulate interdisciplinary and interfaculty research with positive societal impact. The research should also be aligned with at least two of the four core themes of VCC: resiliency, inclusivity, smartness and just sustainability. The explicit aim is to cross-fertilise two or more themes in innovative and inspiring ways. In total, an amount of 1.2M euro is available for this call.
Grants are meant to elaborate on innovative, out-of-the box ideas: think of new interdisciplinary approaches, methodologies, and theories to generate encompassing insights and understandings, explaining the vitality of cities and citizens.
The call specifically provides an opportunity to start post-doc research projects of two years, starting no later than 1 September 2022. Grants are offered with a maximum of 200,000 euro per project, with a maximum project timeline until 31 December 2024. The funding is intended for scientific staff, in a post-doc position for two years and related research supporting staff (for example research assistant) and research costs.
VCC Open Door projects in this call should:
- Generate new interdisciplinary and interfaculty collaboration on the research idea
- Focus on new, innovative ideas for practice-oriented research
- Create positive societal impact
- Include external stakeholders in the project, already from the start
- Relate explicitly to at least two of the four core VCC-themes and its topics and questions
- Include (in kind/cash) faculty or external matching of at least 30 % of the total project value.
- December 2021, publication of the call
- 31 March 2022, deadline of submitting proposal
- 31 May 2022, review and selection of projects
- 15-30 June 2022, formal award letters of selected projects
- 1 September 2022, official start date of the project
- October 2022, pitch of the selected projects in VCC Open Door public event.
Questions? Please contact: Prof.dr. Jurian Edelenbos, firstname.lastname@example.org