Hora Finita, the PhD track and defence procedure
To be admitted to a PhD track, several steps must be completed. This administrative procedure takes place through Hora Finita, this online registration system guides PhD candidates from their admission to their PhD track to the submission of their doctoral dissertation.
What is Hora Finita?
Hora Finita is the registration service for PhD candidates and supervisors of the Erasmus University Rotterdam and the Erasmus University Medical Center (Erasmus MC). All processes related to the PhD track – admission, progress monitoring, submission doctoral dissertation, and preparation for the public defence – run through this system.
Hora Finita offers guidance in completing and fulfilling all mandatory aspects in a promotional trajectory. The system notifies you when you need to take action.
Important to know
There are different types of users in Hora Finita, namely PhD candidates, (co)supervisors, Graduate School Officers, secretaries of supervisors and deans. Go to the navigation bar, or click on your role, to find descriptions of your role and how you can log in and use Hora Finita.
Please note that the following applies to all users:
- You can only log in to Hora Finita with your staff login. For EUR employees this means your erna id and password and for Erasmus MC employees your microsection number and password.
- Hora Finita uses a two-factor-authentication, therefore, you need to first register your token (EUR) or request remote access (Erasmus MC) to log in to the system.
If your question is not answered on the frequently asked question page, then please contact the Beadle’s Office for more in-depth questions about the PhD track. If you have a question about the system Hora Finita, then please contact your Faculty contact.
Faculty contacts for Hora Finita support
|DRIFT||Maryce Koedood: firstname.lastname@example.org|
+31 10 4088775
|Erasmus School of Economics (ESE)||email@example.com||+31 10 4089051|
Erasmus School of History,
|firstname.lastname@example.org||+31 10 4081020|
|Erasmus School of Health|
Policy & Management (ESHPM)
|Erasmus School of Law (ESL)||email@example.com||+31 10 4081412|
|Erasmus School of Philosophy (ESPhil)||firstname.lastname@example.org||+31 10 4088979|
|Erasmus School of Social and|
Behavioural Sciences (ESSB)
|email@example.com||+31 10 4081696|
|IHS||Annette van Engen: firstname.lastname@example.org||+31 10 4089845|
|International Institute of Social Studies (ISS)||Feroza Tedja: email@example.com||+31 70 4260541|
|Rotterdam School of Management (RSM)||Aimee Steenstra Toussaint: firstname.lastname@example.org||+31 10 4089647|
|Rotterdam School of Management (RSM) Part-time||Bep Klop: email@example.com||+31 10 4088825|
Kim Harte: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aimee Steenstra Toussaint: email@example.com
+31 10 4082382
+31 10 4089647
|Beadle's Officefirstname.lastname@example.org||+31 10 4081006|
- Manual Hora Finita (co)Supervisor pdf, 1.98 MB
- Manual Hora Finita PhD candidate pdf, 2.05 MB
- Handleiding Hora Finita Graduate School Officer pdf, 2.36 MB
- Manual - How to login (external member of the doctoral subcommittee) pdf, 707.13 KB
- Manual- How to Login Erasmus MC pdf, 257.76 KB
- Manual - How to login EUR pdf, 762.68 KB