Admission requirements for Bachelor International Bachelor Arts and Culture Studies
The programme for you?
Do you want to understand how the arts and the cultural industries are organised? And do you want to use your theoretical insights to play a part in this fascinating world? Do you want to develop original and well-founded ideas about how to produce, enjoy and disseminate culture? And are you willing to share your knowledge and experience with your fellow international students? Then this is the programme for you.
- Whether or not your diploma and/or language test report are at the required level, will be determined by the Admissions Office of Erasmus University Rotterdam. No rights can be derived from the overview below.
- You can complete and submit your application even when you have not yet obtained your diploma and/or proof of English proficiency.
You are eligible for admission if you meet any of the following requirements:
- A Dutch vwo diploma.
- A 'propedeuse' diploma from the first year of a four-year Dutch hbo programme.
- A statement of successfully finishing the first year of a Bachelor’s degree programme at a Dutch university.
- An International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma.
- A European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma.
- A secondary or high school diploma which gives access to a research university, such as the German Abitur. If you completed secondary education which in your country provides access to a research university, you are usually also eligible for admission to Dutch universities. If you are in doubt, please refer to the list of most common diplomas that grant you eligibility to studying at a research university. All diplomas will be assessed.
You do not need to provide further evidence of English proficiency if:
- you have a Dutch ‘vwo’ grade of 7 or higher in English (final exam vwo-6);
- you hold an International Baccalaureate diploma including English Standard Level (A) or English Higher Level (A or B);
- you hold a European Baccalaureate diploma including English as 1st or 2nd language;
- you completed a secondary education in Australia, Canada (other than Quebec), New Zealand, South-Africa, The USA, the UK or Ireland.
If you do not meet one of the above requirements, you need to demonstrate proof of proficiency in English through any of the following:
- IELTS Academic (International English language Testing System) with a minimum score of 6.5 overall. All sub scores should at least be 6.0.
- TOEFL iBT, (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 90. All sub scores should at least be 20.
- ITP-TOEFL (Institutional Testing Programme) offered by the Language & Training Centre at the EUR, or any other Dutch University. Minimum requirement: 580.
- Cambridge C1 Advanced or Cambridge C2 Proficiency with a minimum score of at least 180.
English tests must not be older than two years at the time of application. If you have not yet taken a test, we recommend IELTS or TOEFL.
The results need to reach us before 1 August. Therefore, take the test well before the summer holidays! Allow some time to re-take the test, if necessary!
- Aanvullende studiekeuze-checkactiviteit: ja
- Gesprek indien aanbevolen n.a.v. motivatiebrief.
- Numerus fixus: nee
- Selectie: ja
Fulltime / Part-time?
IBACS is a programme of three years that can only be followed fulltime. Hence, it is not possible to follow the programme part-time. It is possible to follow our pre-masters; Arts, Culture & Society, Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship, and Place, Culture and Tourism and part-time.