Why does one person only listen to Beyoncé, while the other loves Beethoven? How come others have both in their playlist? This is just one of the questions you’ll learn to answer as an IBACS student.
Why study this programme?
Alternating a sociological and economic view, you will study how art is produced and how it is presented by parties such as theatres, museums and festivals. Moreover, you want to understand how art is consumed and appreciated by the audience and how new media is impacting this process. With this bachelor you will be able to analyse the mechanisms of the art world in a societal context. You also have a passion for arts and culture.
Within the art and culture sector there is a growing need for academically trained experts. People equipped to analyze and explain complex problems and changes within the sector.
- Official CROHO name
- Arts and Culture Studies
- Programme name
- International Bachelor Arts and Culture Studies
- Instruction language
- 3 years
- Campus Woudestein, Rotterdam
- Tuition fees (2021-2022)*
- €2,168 (Statutory fee: Dutch / EEA students)
- €6,700 (Institutional fee: Dutch / EEA students)
- €6,700 (Institutional fee: non-EEA students)
- * Everyone who studies in the academic year 2021-2022 will receive a €1,084 discount on the regular tuition fees mentioned above. This applies to both the statutory fee and the institutional fee (also for international students). Please visit www.eur.nl/en/tuition-fees for more information.