Arabic beginners 1+2
The Arabic for beginners 1 + 2 course is a double level course: two course levels will have been covered by the end of this course. A great advantage is that you can automatically flow from beginners 1 to beginners 2 without having to take an exam in between the two levels.
This course consists of twenty weekly sessions of 2,5 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below).
What’s the content of Arabic beginners 1+2?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Arabic language, with emphasis on speaking and listening skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- introducing yourself;
- asking and giving directions;
- making an appointment and giving your opinion.
In addition to the above, you will be able to read and write the Arabic alphabet and to lead and understand a simple conversation. You will also have a small vocabulary with which you can formulate simple sentence structures for common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is beginners 2, similar to the A1.2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
What is the course schedule for 2016-2017?
The Language & Training Centre offers Arabic courses once a year in February-June.
The enrolment deadline for the course mentioned below is Monday 23 January 2017, 13.00 hours.
|Level||Course day & time||Location||Exam date|
Arabic beginners 1+2
18.30 - 21.00 hours
|Erasmus University College|
Nieuwemarkt 1A, Rotterdam
|to be announced|
What is the course fee for Arabic beginners 1+2?
Rate 1: students & employees
Rate 2: others
|€ 499,-||€ 749,-|
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
Good to know
- This course is accessible for participants with an academic background (HBO/WO).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Arabic and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 45,- and is not included in the course fee.
You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 16.
Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. In order to pass the course, you should be present on that particular day.
- A final written exam is part of this course.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
How to register
This course is for beginners only. You need to apply and pay for the Arabic course beginners 1+2
via our webshop. If rate 2 (others) is applicable to you, please choose rate 2 during your purchase. Payment is possible via iDeal.
In the case where you don’t have iDeal or where your employer is paying, please use the enrolment form to register. If you wish to receive an invoice for your employer, please mark this option on your enrolment form. N.B. After receiving your payment via our webshop, an invoice cannot be given.