Erasmus Open Access Fund
When publishing in Gold Open Access, the publisher charges a publication fee: the ‘article processing charge’ (APC). You can apply to the Erasmus Open Access Fund to request funding for the publication fee, if the APC is not covered by another source of funding.
Conditions Erasmus Open Access Fund
- The article will be published in a peer reviewed journal or volume;
- There is not already another financial arrangement in place to pay for the APC;
- ‘Corresponding author’ is related to Woudestein, ISS or Erasmus MC;
- The publication has been accepted in 2019 or 2020;
- Registration in Metis;
- Publication offered to the RePub institutional repository.
Submitting an application and more information
Would you like to make use of this fund for publishing in a Gold Open Access medium? Ask yourself:
- Is the APC already covered by an agreement between Erasmus University and the publisher? You can use the Journal browser to check whether this is the case for the journal of your choice.
- Does the research funder reimburse the costs of publication? In Horizon2020 costs are reimbursed during your project, but the costs should fit within your project budget.
Does your publication meet the conditions and you have no other source of financing? Then submit an application for funding prior to publication of the article.
For more information contact Hans Brandhorst and Joy Dijksman via: email@example.com.