With the Erasmus Open Access Fund 2022, we aim to stimulate the open access publication of scientific monographs.
For the open access publication of scientific monographs, the publisher charges publication costs, the Book Processing Charges (BPCs). If the BPCs are not covered by the grant provider or another funding source, you can apply to the Erasmus Open Access Fund 2022 for partial reimbursement of these costs.
With the fund, we can only support a limited number of open access publications, and we finance a part of the charges. The remaining costs can be matched through other subsidy providers. See, for instance, the information provided by NWO on their webpage.
Conditions of the Erasmus Open Access Fund:
- Support from the fund for the BPC amounts to a maximum of 50% of the total costs up to a maximum of €10,000;
- The author is affiliated with EUR (with the exception of Erasmus MC);
- The publication must be published under a Creative Commons license, preferably a CC-BY license;
- Author has an ORCID iD;
- It concerns a scientific monograph that has undergone peer review by the publisher. A scientific monograph is defined here as a long academic work on a single research topic, written by one or sometimes two authors;
- The following are excluded from reimbursement: educational books (textbooks), conference collections (conference proceedings), dissertations, (peer-reviewed) edited collections, critical (text) editions and translations.
Do you meet the aforementioned conditions? In that case, submit an application for reimbursement of the costs before the start of publication. All applications will be thoroughly assessed, and requests for funding will be considered insofar as there is sufficient budget available. You can submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.