Opportunities after graduating
Graduates of this master track will be suitable candidates for positions in:
- governmental organisations (policy-makers, policy advisors, lobbyists) and;
- organisations in civil society (e.g. unions, political parties, research institutes) on the local, national or international level.
For example our graduates currently work as integration advisors at local governments or as project assistants at IOM.
During this master track you will:
- Develop a multidisciplinary understanding of migration and diversity from various perspectives, including history, development studies, sociology, public administration and urbanism;
- Acquire a methodological understanding in order to study migration and diversity and to collect and process data in a scientific manner and clearly communicate your findings;
- Learn to better understand the governance implications of migration and diversity at the local (urban), regional, national as well as European and international level;
- Obtain professional skills in terms of designing strategies for the management of migration and diversity at the policy level.
I learned a lot about approaching a problem from multiple angles and gained insight in the issues regarding governance.
The fact that students from different cultural and academic backgrounds gather together to discuss and exchange opinions made this master programme very unique.
Pursuing an academic career?
If you want to proceed with advanced, research-oriented education in the field of sociology you can apply for our Research Master in the Sociology of Culture, Media and the Arts. Conducting research is the central element of this programme. You will receive valuable training which prepares you to apply for a PhD position.