What does this study entail?
Public policy has an international orientation that is underlined by the central role of organisations such as the EU and the UN. This master programme endows you with advanced theories, concepts and skills that you need to work effectively in an international environment. The knowledge we provide will enable you to contribute to finding solutions for global issues such as international conflict, poverty, migration, environmental protection and corruption. The programme forms a clear pathway to developing a career in public or private sector organisations. Erasmus University Rotterdam is an international top university in a vibrant city that is the gateway to Europe. Our faculty consists of top-notch scholars in the academic fields of public administration, political science, international relations, development studies, and European integration, who also regularly participate in policy debates.
Is this the right programme for you?
The programme features:
- A multi-level focus, dealing with public management and public policy on the national, EU and international levels.
- A closely supervised individual research project.
- A study trip to international organisations in Geneva and European institutions in Brussels.
- Strong emphasis on professional development.
- The opportunity to interact with an international student group and academics with strong international reputations.
- An interdisciplinary nature, including knowledge from public administration, political science, international relations and political economy.
- Access to a unique network of programme alumni active across the world.
- Exchange opportunities at our partner institutions – leading universities across Europe.
- Education at the department of Public Administration and Sociology that has been #4 in the Shanghai Ranking in the field of public administration in 2022.