Education Lab and Studio officially opened
Today the new Education Lab and Studio was officially opened. The high-tech innovative space will be the beating heart of the Community for Learning & Innovation and will provide a state-of-the-art studio for online education and educational video production. It will also allow teachers, researchers, students and support staff to collaborate in educational innovation.
The Education Lab will get various functions, that make it possible to tailor the lab to the needs of the community. Inside of the lab you will find:
- Various flexible working spaces that can be used for small meetings (up to ten people), whiteboard sessions, and didactic training;
- An event platform that can be used for activities up to fifty people;
- Information screens on the outer walls of the recording studio, for example to show information about upcoming events;
- Multiple informal meeting places.
In the studio-area:
- A large recording studio that can be used for recording with and without an audience. For example the recording of knowledge clips, the production of MOOCS, the recording of small-scale talk shows with the possibility of a live connection, and hosting podcasts;
- Two do-it-yourself booths for recording autonomously;
- Directing space;
- Editing space;
- Make-up space.