Admission requirements for Pre-master History
Students who have completed the following programmes at a university of applied sciences can apply for the pre-Master Global History and International Relations:
- Secondary teacher History
- Secondary teacher Citizenship
For other programmes at this level, the Examination Bord will assess if admission is possible.
Because the amount of places in the programme is limited, the following criteria will be taken into account during the admission procedure:
- academic writing skills
- analytical abilities
- average grade Bachelor
- relevant extracurricular activities
The selection will be based upon the motivation letter, a list of grades of the Bachelor, a curriculum vitae and a (previously written) paper.
You do not need to provide further evidence of English proficiency if:
- you have a Dutch ‘vwo’ grade of 7 or higher in English (final exam vwo-6);
- you hold an International Baccalaureate diploma including English Standard Level (A) or English Higher Level (A or B);
- you hold a European Baccalaureate diploma including English as 1st or 2nd language;
- you obtained at least 2,5 years of secondary education in Australia, Canada (other than Quebec), New Zealand, South-Africa, The USA, the UK or Ireland
- For graduates of recognised academic programmes taught entirely in English, the obligation to take a language test may be dropped after considering their academic performance.
If you do not meet one of the above requirements, you need to demonstrate proof of proficiency in English through any of the following:
- IELTS Academic (International English language Testing System) with a minimum score of 7.0 overall. All sub scores should at least be 6.5.
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 100. All sub scores should at least be 23.
- ITP-TOEFL (Institutional Testing Programme) offered by the Language & Training Centre at the EUR, or any other Dutch University. Minimum requirement: 627.
- Cambridge C1 Advanced or Cambridge C2 Proficiency with a minimum score of at least 185.
English tests must not be older than two years at the time of application. If you have not yet taken a test, we recommend IELTS or TOEFL.
The results need to reach us before 10 August. Therefore, take the test well before the summer holidays. Allow some time to re-take the test, if necessary!