Summer course Dutch
Would you like to improve your Dutch language skills but don't you have time to do this during the academic year? Do not hesitate and register for our summer course Dutch! During this more intensive course for absolute beginners, you can complete one target level in two weeks instead of 10 weeks.
This course consists of nine daily sessions of 3 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
Are you a German native speaker?
For German native speakers we offer a course that includes two levels (A1+A2.1) since it is much easier for German native speakers to learn Dutch. The course schedule is the same.
Please note that this course will not be taught from German. Should another language be necessary for explaining, this will be English.
What’s the content of the summer course Dutch?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Dutch language, with emphasis on reading, speaking, listening and writing skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- presenting yourself;
- greetings and farewells;
- making an appointment;
- café, market, restaurant and shop;
- the Dutch culture.
By the end of the course, you will have a small vocabulary to be able to communicate in common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
What is the course schedule for 2017?
The enrolment deadline for the course(s) mentioned below is Friday 14 July, 13.00 hours.
Course day & time
Erasmus University Rotterdam
|Friday 14 July 2017|
What is the course fee for the Summer course Dutch?
Rate 1: students & employees
Rate 2: others
|€ 159,-||€ 355,-||€ 499,-|
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
Good to know
- This course is accessible for participants with an academic background (HBO/WO).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Dutch and will be commonly used.
- The course material is included in the course fee. You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a day on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 16.
Please note that he LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. In order to pass the course, you should be present on that particular day.
- A final written exam is part of this course.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
How to register
This course is for beginners only. You need to apply and pay for the summer course Dutch via our webshop. If the special rate (Bachelor, Master, Exchange or PhD students or rate 2 (others)
is applicable to you, please choose the special rate or rate 2 during your purchase.
Payment is possible via iDeal. In the case where you don’t have iDeal or where your employer is paying, please use the enrolment form to register. If you wish to receive an invoice for your employer, please mark this option on your enrolment form. N.B. After receiving your payment via our webshop, an invoice cannot be given.