What does this study entail?
Are you interested in issues relating to economics, but do you also aim to develop a broader academic horizon? Together, Erasmus School of Economics and Erasmus School of Philosophy offer a Double bachelor in Economics and Philosophy of Economics to enable you to complete two entire bachelor programmes in just four years. Our students obtain a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Economics and Business Economics and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Philosophy of a Specific Discipline.
On the one hand the economics part of the programme aims to help you become truly internationally minded with important skills to analyse and solve problems in the field of economics.
On the other hand you will develop philosophical skills such as logical reasoning and the ability to express yourself clearly in writing. You will learn about philosophical problems and ethical issues, and you will gain knowledge about the history and basic assumptions of the academic discipline of economics.
Is this the right programme for you?
Would you like to examine current economic issues from both a philosophical and a mathematical angle? Are you up for the challenge to define modern day reality through models and through reasoning based on the great thinkers of the past? In that case you will enjoy this demanding programme.
The following traits will stand you in good stead to be successful:
- You have an affinity with mathematics
- Approaching the field of economics from a different perspective appeals to you
- You are a critical thinker and want to distinguish yourself from others
- Studying in English poses no serious problem for you
- While trying to get the most out of your study, you do not mind hard work
Why study Economics and Philosophy in Rotterdam?
Rotterdam is a vibrant, multicultural city that is at the forefront of exciting developments in industry, logistics, science, culture and architecture. Choosing the Double bachelor in Economics and Philosophy of Economics enables you to deepen and broaden your knowledge of classical and modern philosophy. Students who have chosen a double bachelor often comment that the fact that the schedules are well coordinated and the way the university smoothes any potential problems stemming from following two programmes simultaneously, make this option truly unique.
- A thorough understanding of economics and business economics
- A unique combination of theory and practice
- Advanced teaching methods and personal academic support
- An opportunity for profound thinking about issues in today’s fast-paced society
- An international classroom, cosmopolitan atmosphere and ample opportunities to study abroad