Erasmus MC is committed to a healthy population and excellence in health care through research and education. It therefore is the ideal place for highly talented, motivated and aspiring researchers in the (bio)medical field!
Erasmus MC Graduate School supports PhD candidates to become independent researchers capable of solving complex questions based on scientific evidence. Our support goes beyond offering courses. Our support is focused on an enjoyable and successful PhD journey, on the well-being of PhD candidates and supervisor, on collaboration and networking opportunities, and on preparing PhD candidates for the future after their PhD.
We provide PhD candidates with:
- Assistance with Hora Finita: the PhD registration system containing all processes related to the PhD trajectory;
- PhD education: free courses and seminars on a wide range of topics;
- Pre- and onboarding program: buddies for international PhD candidates, international community, and more;
- Social and networking events: such as PhD days and symposia;
- Mental well-being programs: such as OpenUp; and much more...
In addition to providing support to PhD candidates, we are also concerned with safeguarding, monitoring, and enhancing the quality of the PhD journey and of supervision. We continuously optimize the practical side of the PhD journey and develop and implement policies and guidelines. We provide supervisors with tools and guidelines on how to supervise PhD candidates in the most optimal way, so that together they can make a difference in science.