Learn in 4 sessions just enough Python to be able to write functions or small programs yourself. Be able to read Python programs written by others.
In order to get there, you start with writing Python programs right away. You will solve interesting problems drawn from real coding competitions. You will build up your skills as you go.
- run Python code, work with strings and use variables;
- write programs that make decisions;
- write efficient code with for and while loops;
- organize data with lists, sets, and dictionaries;
- get a feel for organizing programs using functions.
The workshop consists of 4 sessions.