What does this study entail?
During the master specialisation Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship, you will focus on challenges the cultural and creative industries face today and in the near future. A special attention is given to digitisation, diversity, innovation, and sustainability - from financial to environmental, social and cultural.
You will acquire the knowledge and skills to identify, frame and address these challenges using a systemic approach and international perspective.
This international perspective is strengthened by the international study environment. Staff and students come from all over the world. This international environment provides a stimulating peer-learning and an exciting world-wide perspective on the cultural and creative industries.
Is this the right programme for you?
Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship at Erasmus University Rotterdam offers you the chance to understand the cultural and creative sectors from an economic and entrepreneurial perspective. You will learn how to use both a macro and micro approach, which allows you to identify, frame and shape various developments, challenges, and opportunities within the context of cultural organisations, creative businesses and entrepreneurs. By doing so you become a true change maker in the cultural and creative industries.
A word from our students
Five reasons to study for Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship at the EUR
- Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship is ranked first in the world in the field of ‘Cultural Management / Creative Industries Management’, according to Eduniversal Ranking Best Masters;
- Successful graduates have an edge as employees in cultural organisations, and as entrepreneurs, as researchers in related fields;
- An enthusiastic team of international lecturers support the students, guaranteeing intensive and individual guidance;
- According to Times Higher Education, EUR is one of the 125 most international universities of the world. This means encountering lecturers and students from all over the world;
- Studying in Rotterdam means studying in a young, dynamic metropolis which keeps developing rapidly. Sparkling skyscrapers, an impressive port, hip restaurants and food markets, renowned museums, creative hubs, special attractions and vibrant festivals are the direct result of the ‘can do’ mentality of the people of Rotterdam.