Fees and Finances
The fee ("wettelijk collegegeld") is determined annually by the Dutch government. Find more detailed and up to date information about Tuition fees.*
Costs of Living
On top of the tuition fees, you will need a minimum budget to cover your living expenses. Please consult these practical matters pages for an estimate of the costs of living in the Netherlands.
For general information about studying and living in the Netherlands, visit the website of the Netherlands organisation for international cooperation in higher education, the NUFFIC.
Grants and Scholarships
Students are strongly encouraged to begin researching and applying for sources of funding as early as possible. For prospective Master students, there are various sources for grants and scholarships including:
- Non-EEA Excellence Scholarship of ESHCC
- The Holland Scholarship Programme (for non-EEA students)
- Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship
- EUR Excellence Scholarship (if you are starting your second Master's programme)
- Fulbright (for American students)
- G&D Europe Scholarship (for Chinese students)
- LPDP Scholarship (for Indonesian students)
- Netherlands Fellowship Programmes
- Orange Tulip Scholarship (for Mexican students)
- Russia Global Education Programme (for Russian students)
- StuNed (for Indonesian students)
You can also inquire about funding at:
- The Dutch government
- Your home university/institution
- Business sponsorship
- Your local government
- International organizations (e.g. Rotary Club, UN, World Bank etc)
- The Netherlands organization for Scientific Research
2nd Master's programme: EUR Excellence Scholarship
If you have already obtained a Master’s degree and want to do a full-time Master or Research Master at Erasmus University Rotterdam, you might be eligible for the EUR Excellence Scholarship. Recipients of the EUR Excellence Scholarship pay a tuition fee equal to the EEA/EU students statutory tuition fee (€ 2,006 in 2017/2018) instead of the higher institute tuition fee. In order to apply for the EUR Excellence Scholarship you have to meet the nationality criteria for the statutory fee EEA/EU students and obtained a cum laude bachelor’s or master’s degree at EUR. Read more about the EUR Excellence Scholarship.
Are you a Dutch student and do you want to know how the "leenstelsel" applies to you? Read more on DUO.
*Please note that tuition fees may be higher in subsequent years.