Assistance with funding
There are various grants, scholarships and loans available to help you cover your tuition fees. A concise list of these can be found on the university’s Financial Aid webpage. Another list can be found on the Study in NL portal, and the Scholars 4 Dev portal contains a list that is especially relevant to students from the Global South. The following sources are particularly noteworthy for applicants to the Research Master in Philosophy and Economics:
- Erasmus University offers the Holland Scholarship, the EUR Excellence Scholarship and the Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship.
- The Erasmus School of Philosophy operates a fee waiver scheme.
- The Dutch government offers various sources of funding that can be found through grantfinder website. Students from EU/EEA countries may also be eligible for a partial refund of their tuition fees via DUO.
- Some businesses may agree to sponsor you
- Your local government may agree to sponsor you.
General information grants, scholarships and fellowships at EUR
Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship
This year, ESPhil has one scholarship available for an applicant meeting the requirements.
The NL Scholarship
The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We offer excellent non-EEA students partial tuition waivers for the ReMA
EUR Excellence Scholarship
This scholarship is for outstanding EUR-students who wish to pursue a second master at the EUR..