The Research Master aims to prepare students for an academic career in philosophy of economics, and adjacent subfields of analytic philosophy, as well as advisory positions in the public and private sector. It provides a thorough grounding in the main areas of the philosophy of economics together with the analytical and research skills required for further study as a junior researcher or PhD candidate in analytic philosophy. The Research Master is also suitable as a preparation for different careers in the private and public sector through the programme's focus on reasoning skills and on critical analysis of complex texts, problems, and ideas. Some of the places where our Research Master alumni work are:
- PhD positions at the Erasmus School for Philosophy.
- Every year ESPhil usually provides funding for a new PhD position exclusively for graduates of the Research Master.
- PhD positions at top universities in the Netherlands and abroad
- Postdoctoral and senior academic positions at universities around the world
- Policy advisor at Ministries in the Netherlands and abroad
- Economist at banks and consultancy firms
See also the profiles of our alumni.