Admission requirements for Research Master Research Master in Philosophy and Economics
- A Bachelor/Master in Economics, or Philosophy, Philosophy and Economics, PPE or related programmes.
- A grade for the bachelor thesis equivalent to at least an 8.0 in the Dutch grading system.
- An average grade in the bachelor equivalent to at least 8 in the Dutch grading system.
- Proficiency in English:
- The main language of your previous education was English, or
- You are a native speaker, or
- You can prove your proficiency in English in a writing sample.
- A detailed letter of intent that:
- demonstrates your interest in philosophy of economics;
- details your background in philosophy and economics;
- describes why you deem yourself equipped to follow the Research Master in Philosophy and Economics.
- A writing sample of around 10-15 pages. (At least 8 pages, maximum 25 pages, excluding bibliography and appendices. This can be an essay in philosophy, economics, or a closely related subject.)
- Two letters of reference.
The admission committee, composed of leading researchers in the philosophy of economics, assesses applications on the basis of all of the above admission requirements.
The assessment criteria for the Research Master in Philosophy and Economics are designed and applied in order for the programme to remain a top programme in philosophy of economics, and to preserve and guarantee an excellent and inspiring study environment.
Applications can be made throughout the year and are assessed on a rolling basis; results are typically communicated in less than a month. The programme starts annually in September; the application deadline for starting the following September is June 30 of the same year. (For scholarships and visa matters, earlier deadlines may apply.) Early applications are advised as places in the programme are limited and fill up as the application processing proceeds for each year; waiting lists or deferrals to next academic year may be handled if the number of qualified applicants exceeds the places available.
Applicants can approach the head of the admission committee, as well as the administrative manager of the procedure for more detailed information before submitting their application, as well as after receiving the verdict (via email@example.com ).