Advice for online education
This page is meant for teachers who, due to the COVID-19 regulations, need to adapt their teaching and education accordingly. Here you can find guides, manuals and other informative resources about the use of Canvas for activities, how to communicate with students via Canvas, how to record lecture clips and on assessment.
Please note that your own School/organisation will have more specific advice on MyEUR.
If you have any questions regarding these topics, please contact the Learning Innovation team of your School (this link will open the MyEUR intranet) or the Community for Learning & Innovation (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Should you have questions about the available tools, please check this IT page on MyEUR.
Overview of online education at the EUR
The online overview above could help lecturers with the choices they need to make for online education. It gives a general view of the possibilities; specific possibilities for a certain School can be found at the MyEUR or Canvas pages of each School.
- How to record a screencast video pdf, 1.6 MB
- How to design a PowerPoint for videos: infographic pdf, 140.76 KB
- How to design a PowerPoint: guide pdf, 880.09 KB
- Studio manual for recording videos pdf, 613.08 KB
- How to write a script: manual pdf, 825.94 KB
- How to write a script: visualisation pdf, 175.95 KB
- How to write a script: transcript video 1 pdf, 183.17 KB
- How to write a script: transcript video 2 pdf, 181.16 KB
Assessment: learning objectives
- Transcript Introduction video How to construct MC questions docx, 13.33 KB
- Transcript video How to construct MC questions - the stem docx, 13.67 KB
- Transcript How to construct MC questions - the alternatives docx, 12.31 KB
- Checklist multiple choice questions pdf, 253.5 KB
- Transcript video How to construct open ended questions docx, 14.12 KB
- Checklist for open ended questions pdf, 224.7 KB
- Transcript How to assess group projects docx, 13.77 KB
- Groupwork and assessment guide pdf, 125.69 KB
- Checklist instructions for assignments pdf, 220.26 KB
- Unsupervised testing - take home exams pdf, 251.69 KB
- Transcript What are rubrics and why would you use them docx, 13.72 KB
- Transcript holistic rubrics docx, 12.78 KB
- Transcript analytic rubrics docx, 12.61 KB
- Transcript Single point rubrics docx, 13.05 KB
- How to make a rubric pdf, 245.67 KB
- Preparing a correction model pdf, 279.42 KB
- Writing and grading essay questions pdf, 135.51 KB