Advice for online education
This page is meant for teachers who, due to the COVID-19 regulations, need to adapt their teaching and education accordingly. Here you can find guides, manuals and other informative resources about the use of Canvas for activities, how to communicate with students via Canvas, how to record lecture clips and on assessment.
Please note that your own School/organisation will have more specific advice on MyEUR.
If you have any questions regarding these topics, please contact the Learning Innovation team of your School (this link will open the MyEUR intranet) or the Community for Learning & Innovation (email@example.com).
Should you have questions about the available tools, please check this IT page on MyEUR.
Overview of online education at the EUR
The online overview above could help lecturers with the choices they need to make for online education. It gives a general view of the possibilities; specific possibilities for a certain School can be found at the MyEUR or Canvas pages of each School.
- How to record a screencast video1.6 MB
- How to design a PowerPoint for videos: infographic140.76 KB
- How to design a PowerPoint: guide880.09 KB
- Studio manual for recording videos613.08 KB
- How to write a script: manual825.94 KB
- How to write a script: visualisation175.95 KB
- How to write a script: transcript video 1183.17 KB
- How to write a script: transcript video 2181.16 KB
Assessment: learning objectives
- Transcript Introduction video How to construct MC questions13.33 KB
- Transcript video How to construct MC questions - the stem13.67 KB
- Transcript How to construct MC questions - the alternatives12.31 KB
- Checklist multiple choice questions253.5 KB
- Transcript video How to construct open ended questions14.12 KB
- Checklist for open ended questions224.7 KB
- Transcript How to assess group projects13.77 KB
- Groupwork and assessment guide125.69 KB
- Checklist instructions for assignments220.26 KB
- Unsupervised testing - take home exams251.69 KB