An English intake is for students only. You can use the test results to register for an English evening course or to proof that you meet the needed language requirements of your faculty. Please check if this test is accepted by your study programme/faculty.
The next English intake will take place in November 2019:
- Oral test: Monday 18, Tuesday 19 or Friday 22 November 2019, several time slots available
- Written test: Friday 22 November 2019, 13.30-14.15 hours
- Online test: Friday 22 November 2019, 15.00-16.30 hours
- Deadline: Tuesday 12 November 2019
You will automatically be enrolled for the online and written part when registering for the oral part.
An intake consists of an oral test of 15 minutes with one teacher, a written test of 45 minutes and an online test (Oxford Quick Placement Test). After taking the test, you will receive a level statement that contains information about your current level (according to the Common European Framework of Reference), as well as course advice. There will be made a distinction between your oral and written skills.
Do you already have knowledge of the English language and would you like to participate in a language course? Don’t you know exactly what your level is or do you not have a certificate to prove it? Please sign up for this intake. You do not need to take an intake if:
- You are currently enrolled in an LTC course of a previous level and you wish to register for the following level;
- You have previously done an intake test or language assessment (less than a year ago);
- You have an official certificate from the LTC of a previous level (not older than one year).
An intake is compulsory in all other cases. Based on the results of the QPT, the interview and your writing assignment, your current level of English is expressed as a level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). You will also receive your course advice. Please note that you are not permitted to register for a course at a lower or higher level than your intake results indicate.
An English intake costs € 85,- and is valid for a period of one year. After all, your language proficiency might have improved or deteriorated after one year. If you participate in an English language course within a year, 50% of the intake costs (€ 42,50) will be refunded within 3 weeks after your course has started.
The LTC organises English intakes on definite dates, five times a year. The exact dates are published per period, but good to know is that the intakes take place in September, November, March, April/May and July of each year.
- You can register for an English intake through the online schedule and select one of the available time slots. Please note that the schedule is only visible during the period in which you are able to register.
- After choosing a time slot of your choice, you will need to register and pay via the webshop.
- Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email before the deadline of registration. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.