An English intake is for students only. You can use the test results to register for an English evening course or to prove that you meet the needed language requirements of your faculty. Please check if this test is accepted by your study programme/faculty. The intake consists of an oral test with a teacher, a written test and a computer-based test (Oxford Quick Placement Test).
The next online intake English will take place in July.
Note: There are fixed dates and times for the written part and computer-based part. You only need to make an appointment for the oral part; you will automatically be registered for the other two parts.
An online intake consists of a 15-minute oral test with a teacher, a written test of 45 minutes and a computer-based test (Oxford Quick Placement Test). After taking the test, you will receive a level statement that contains information about your current level (according to the Common European Framework of Reference), as well as course advice. A distinction will be made between your oral and written skills.
Do you already have knowledge of the English language and would you like to participate in a language course? Are you not exactly sure what your level is or do you not have a certificate to prove it? Please sign up for this intake. You do not need to take an intake if:
- You are currently enrolled in an LTC course of a previous level and you wish to register for the following level;
- You have done an intake test or language assessment less than a year ago;
- You have an official certificate from the LTC of a previous level (not older than one year) stating the appropriate level.
An intake is compulsory in all other cases. Based on the results of the QPT, the interview and your writing assignment, your current level of English is expressed as a level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). You will also receive your course advice. Please note that you are not permitted to register for a course at a lower or higher level than your intake results indicate.
An English intake costs € 85,- and, as a rule, is valid for one year. After all, your language proficiency might have improved or deteriorated after one year. If you participate in an English language course within a year, 50% of the intake costs (€ 42,50) will be refunded within 3 weeks after your course has started. (Keep in mind that we do not offer all levels, and that we reserve the right to cancel a course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.)
The LTC organises English intakes five times a year on set dates. The exact dates are published per period and generally take place in September, November, March, April/May and July of each year.
- You can register for an English intake through the online schedule and select one of the available time slots. Please note that the schedule is only visible during the period in which you are able to register.
- After choosing a time slot of your choice, you will need to pay for the test to finalise your registration. The payment needs to be in before the registration deadline. If we have not received your payment in time, your appointment will be canceled. You need to pay for the intake via our web shop (choose academic year 2021).
- Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email before the deadline of registration. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.