An English intake is completely online and consists of a short, oral test (interview with a teacher) and a written test. The result of the intake is an email from LTC telling you in which course you can participate and the result is valid for one year. After all, your language proficiency might have improved or deteriorated after one year.
Next intake will take place in March 2023
|Option||Data oral exam||Data written exam||Location||Deadline|
|1||14 March & 15 March||15 March, 13.00-13.40||Several times available (Online via Zoom)||7 March 2023|
|2||28 March & 29 March||29 March, 13.00-13.40||Several times available (Online via Zoom)||21 March 2023|
Note: There are fixed dates and times for the written part. You only need to make an appointment for the oral part; you will automatically be registered for the written test.
An online intake consists of a 10-minute oral test with a teacher (via Zoom) and a written test of 40 minutes (via Canvas). Both parts of the intake are online; you do not have to come to campus. The result of the intake is an email from LTC telling you in which course you can participate. Please note that the result of an intake is merely a course placement advice. It is not the same as an assessment (which consists of more test parts). You will not get a level statement or certificate including your level in terms of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). In case you need a certain statement (for example for your master application), you will have to do an English assessment.
Do you already have knowledge of the English language, and would you like to participate in a language course? Are you not exactly sure what your level is, or do you not have a certificate to prove it? Please sign up for this intake. You do not need to take an intake if:
- You are currently enrolled in an LTC course of a previous level and you wish to register for the following level;
- You have done an intake test or language assessment at LTC less than a year ago;
- You have an official certificate from the LTC of a previous level (not older than one year) stating the appropriate level.
An intake is compulsory in all other cases. The language teacher who does the intake determines the course level (according to the Common European Framework of Reference) you are eligible for. Please note: you will not receive a level statement or certificate that states your level according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) because an intake is not the same as an assessment. An assessment is more elaborate and unlike an intake, you also receive a level statement.
Please note that you are not permitted to register for a course at a lower or higher level than your intake results indicate.
An English intake costs € 50 and, as a rule, is valid for one year. After all, your language proficiency might have improved or deteriorated after one year. If you participate in an English language course within a year, 50% of the intake costs (€ 25) will be refunded within 3 weeks after your course has started. Keep in mind that we do not offer all levels, and that we reserve the right to cancel a course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
The LTC organizes English intakes four times a year on set dates. The exact dates are published per period, but they generally take place in September, November/December, March and July of each year.
- You can register for the oral part of the English intake (done via ZOOM) through the online schedule and select one of the available time slots. Please note that the schedule is only visible during the period in which you can register. For the written part you don’t have to book an appointment, as this takes place on a set date and time.
You will automatically be enrolled for the written part when registering for the oral part. In the days following the deadline you will receive a confirmation for the intake and further details via email. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- After choosing a time slot of your choice, you will need to pay for the test to finalize your registration. The payment needs to be in before the registration deadline. If we have not received your payment in time, your appointment will be canceled. You need to pay for the intake via our web shop (choose academic year 2022).
- Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email before the deadline of registration. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.