Useful links Studying with a functional impairment
This page offers various links to pages that you’ll find useful if you have an impairment and are about to start a study programme at the EUR or are already studying. If you have any additions for this page, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ECIO (expertice centre inclussive education) - is the Dutch expertise centre for student welfare, studying with a functional impairment is part of their scope.
- Stumass offers student accommodation in various cities especially for students with autism. Stumass houses offer independent living with some extra support, as well as itinerant care.
- Koninklijke Visio is the expertise centre for people who are blind or visually impaired. It also offers itinerant support.
- DUO offers further information about studying as a international student in the Netherlands.
- In July 2016, the Dutch government ratified the UN Convention on the rights of persons with a disability. More information about the implementation of this convention into Dutch legislation (in Dutch).
- E&S Student Counseling has produced several useful study and welfare tips, which you can find here.
- For students with dyslexia, the dyslexia centre in Rotterdam can help you with dyslexia testing and support.
- De Sarr is a specialized autism team, offering among others diagnostic testing and support.