Are you coming to study with us next year, and would you like some help with finding your way around university and student life? Then sign up for the CONNECT mentor programme!
What is it?
The CONNECT mentor programme is designed to welcome all new students and help them with the smoothest possible transition into university and student life. With CONNECT, you will feel at home at the EUR in no time!
All students new to the ESSB can apply for the CONNECT mentor programme for free. This includes first-year students from the following bachelors
- International Bachelor Psychology (EN)
- Management of International Social Challenges (EN)
- Bestuurskunde (NL)
- Sociologie (NL)
- Psychologie (NL)
- Pedagogische Wetenschappen (NL)
However, master students within the ESSB who are new to the EUR are also more than welcome to apply. Click here for an overview of all masters.
How does it work?
New students (mentees) are linked to a mentor (an ESSB second-year/third-year or master student) in small groups. These mentors will guide you during the first months of your studies. They will be your contact point for all your questions. Since the mentors have already experienced their first year at university, they are perfectly placed to share their experiences, life sessions, tips and tricks with you. And they are very happy to do so!
In addition, CONNECT organizes various academic trainings, workshops and social events you can participate in.
In short, with the CONNECT programme you will:
- Find your way around the EUR and the city Rotterdam. On campus and online facilities, such as the EUR systems, main web pages where you can find answer to your question(s) and departments where you can go if you need extra help.
- Connect with fellow students and peers, make new friends and, above all, feel at home at the EUR.
- Develop study skills: How do you make a good study planning? How do you organize your time and all the information you receive? How can you best prepare for exams?
How to apply
Our mentors are looking forward to meeting you and to guiding you during the first period of your studies. It is the perfect way to make new contacts with your fellow students and learn from an experienced fellow student. So why wait any longer?
If you have any questions about the CONNECT mentor programme, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. You can also stop by the ESSB's Front Office on the 15th floor of the Mandeville building, at the front, next to the elevators.
See you soon!