Would you like to be on top of the fast paced technological and organizational developments in the media and creative industries? Are you ready to meet the manifold challenges faced by media managers, marketers, entrepreneurs and other creative workers? This innovative, international specialisation provides you with the analytical and creative skills to succeed in one of the most vibrant sectors of today’s global economy.
The products and services of the media and creative industries create economic, social and cultural value. Digital media allow us to easily access music, movies, games, TV programmes, news, books and vlogs; we continuously communicate through social media, apps, platforms and brands.
The industries creating and disseminating these products and services are not just of increasing economic importance, they also have a wide-ranging cultural impact. The media and creative industries have greatly transformed in recent years, due to digitalisation, internationalisation, and economies of scale, but also under the influence of socio-cultural, political and economic developments. Media & Creative Industries prepares you for a vital role in the creative, media and entertainment industries.
Five reasons to study Media & Creative Industries at the EUR
- using state-of-the-art theory and methods, you will learn to trace, analyse and address key developments and challenges in the media and creative industries;
- you will be part of an international, interactive and small scaled classroom, enabling you to develop a comprehensive, international perspective on the media and creative industries;
- you will receive instruction from an enthusiastic team of specialised lecturers who actively support you and who provide intensive and individual coaching;
- you have the opportunity to join Case Projects;
- the programme's practice-based approach and distinctive focus on the labour market will bring you into contact with a variety of media and creative industry professionals, which will facilitate access to high profile jobs in the media and creative industries.
A word from our students
Talk to Media and Communication students
Chat with our students