What does this study entail?
The media and creative industries have undergone significant change in recent years as a result of digitalisation, internationalisation, and conglomeration, but also under the influence of socio-cultural, political, and economic developments. Think about the emergence of streaming services in the music and television industries, user-generated content in journalism, and the impact of artificial intelligence on creativity at large.
This master specialisation covers the production, organisation, management, marketing and distribution of media and creative products, but also provides you with in-depth insights into how audiences receive and engage with those products.
Is this the right programme for you?
Media & Creative Industries meets the growing demand for academically trained media and creative industry experts who are able to respond effectively and critically to the changing conditions, emerging complex issues, and new opportunities for media and creative enterprises.
This innovative and international specialisation provides you with the analytical and creative skills to start or advance your career in one of the most vibrant sectors of the contemporary global economy.
Furthermore, you will be part of an international, interactive, and engaged classroom. And you will be supported and guided by a professional, international, and enthusiastic team of lecturers. This enables you to develop a comprehensive, international perspective on the media and creative industries.
Five reasons to study Media & Creative Industries at the EUR
- Real-world cases, guest lectures, and professional seminar sessions support the interdisciplinary focus of this master specialisation;
- special attention is paid to presentation, debate, analysis, writing, and research skills in seminars and research workshops;
- you will be part of an international, interactive, and engaged classroom. And you will be supported and guided by a professional, international, and enthusiastic team of lecturers;
- the programme's practice-based approach and distinctive focus on the labour market will bring you into contact with a variety of media and creative industry professionals, which will facilitate access to high profile jobs in the media and creative industries;
- and did we already mention how cool Rotterdam is? Studying in here means studying in a cosmopolitan city. Discover the city's best restaurants, visit the most beautiful museums, or go to world-class events. Living in Rotterdam will never get boring.
A word from our students
Talk to Media and Communication students
Chat with our students