Established in the year 2000, the Rotterdam Institute of Law and Economics (RILE) is set to carry out the task of promoting and furthering the development of Law and Economics, across the Netherlands, but also worldwide.
For this purpose, a twofold strategy has been devised. First, a comprehensive training programme is offered for scholars ranging from undergraduate level to specialised teaching and the option for PhD studies. Second, the RILE aims at proliferating the academic discourse on Law and Economics through organising conferences and workshops, as well as publications in books and leading journals. Also, the Institute invites senior and junior researchers to join its growing number of affiliates.
In its diverse fields of activities, the RILE's working languages span Dutch, English, French, German and Italian. The Institute's training programme first of all offers mandatory courses in the Law Faculty's regular Dutch curriculum, passing on the basics of the economic analysis of law throughout the undergraduate levels of young lawyers' initiation to their profession. In addition to this standard programme is RILE involved with other programmes, see below.
The RILE is involved in the European Master in Law and Economics (EMLE) programme, a conglomerate of 9 partner universities across Europe and the world, including the University of Aix-Marseille, the University of Bologna, the University of Ghent, Hamburg University, Haifa University, the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Mumbai, the University of Vienna and the University of Warsaw, in cooperation with the Law and Economics Center of the University of California at Berkeley. The EMLE Programme has been recognized by the European University Association (EUA) as a top ten Socrates-programme and was selected by the European Commission as an Erasmus Mundus masters course and selected again for Erasmus Mundus II. Prof. Alessio Pacces is EMLE (Erasmus Mundus) Coordinator.
The RILE participates in the European Doctorate in Law and Economics (EDLE). The EDLE is offered by the Universities of Bologna, Hamburg and Rotterdam with the collaboration of the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research of Mumbai. EDLE is an excellence programme sponsored by the European Commission under the Erasmus Mundus scheme. It offers the unique opportunity to study Law and Economics on a PhD level in (at least) three different countries. The programme prepares economists and lawyers of high promise for an academic career in a research field of growing importance or for responsible positions in government, research organizations and international consulting groups. Prof. Michael Faure is the Managing Director of the programme.
For possible (master)programmes see below.
- Concepts and Methods of Law and Economics
- Economic Analysis of Public Law
- Empirical Legal Studies
- Competition Law & Economics
- Corporate Governance and Finance
- Advanced Economics of Regulation
- Economic Analysis of Private Law
- Markets, Corporations and Regulators Moot Court
- Introduction to Law
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Activities Report RILE 2020-2021pdf, 2.4 MB
- Activities Report RILE 2020pdf, 17.69 MB
- Activities Report RILE 2019pdf, 4.52 MB
- Activities Report RILE 2017-2018pdf, 3.68 MB
- Activities Report RILE 2015-2016pdf, 4.15 MB
- Activities Report RILE 2013-2014pdf, 1.68 MB
- Activities Report RILE 2012-2013pdf, 1.96 MB
- Activities Report RILE 2010-2011pdf, 1.41 MB
- Activities Report RILE 2008-2009pdf, 3.49 MB
- Activities Report RILE 2007-2008pdf, 2.05 MB
Geen evenementen gevonden.