Application for exchange
Current facets (Pre-Master)
Before you apply, you need to be nominated as an exchange student by your home university. Upon receiving the nomination of your home university, you will be asked to fill out the application form. In order to prepare you might consider the following:
Documents requested in the course of application
Should you already wish to prepare for your application, you may already gather your documents so that you can upload them when the application form goes live.
- A scan (photocopy) of the personal data page of your passport/ ID card and (if applicable) residence permit (both sides). The document(s) must be valid. Please note that we only accept ID cards/passports in English;
- A scan (photocopy) of an official copy of your academic record(-s) at the moment of application (official = signed and stamped/ validated by your home university);
- Proof of proficiency in the English language. In case you are a native speaker, please upload your passport a second time; if you are studying in an English-speaking country you may upload your transcript of records a second time in the field requesting language proficiency;
- Screenshot of completed PBL training (of the progress, indicating that you have completed all the assignments as seen in the left-hand menu). In order to gain access to PBL-based classes you must prove that you know the basics of PBL.
- Please make sure that the documents you attach are of acceptable quality.
- Please make sure that one document takes up no more than one file.
- Please note that if the original documents are in a language other than English, Dutch, French or German you need to provide both the copies of originals as well as official (certified) translations. Self-made translations will not be accepted.
- Screenshot of completed PBL training (of the progress, indicating that you have completed all the assignments as seen in the left-hand menu). In order to gain access to PBL-based classes you must know the basics of PBL.
- Please make sure that in the course of your application you provide us with all the information necessary to proceed to admission and eventually to enrollment. This includes your nationality (or nationalities) and residence statuses. Upload evidence thereof in the section of ID/passport. Please mention your EU nationality (if applicable) as your first nationality in the application process.
- Please make sure that you fill out the course registration during your online application. Registration for courses is mandatory. There will be an add and drop period up until one month before the beginning of the semester and a drop period in the first week of each course but in order to make sure you have a spot we strongly advise you to carefully consider your choice already now. Add and drop is not always quick, easy or possible. Read a short description about the types of courses that are available to you as a Bachelor's exchange student. Check the list of courses, links to course descriptions, study load and rough planning of the courses offered at our faculty. Please be aware of the fact that there are different academic terms/ semesters/ blocks at different faculties – in case you choose to follow a course outside ESSB. Take this into account when planning your courses.
- For 2nd and 3rd year psychology courses the Department of Psychology will have to give you an additional approval based on your background in psychology. In order to prove your background in psychology you are asked to upload the course descriptions of statistics course(s) and relevant psychology courses that you have completed. For some international students the term "course description" is unclear though. It is also called "syllabus" in other countries and it contains an extensive description of the content and purpose of the course including literature lists and learning outlines. Here you can find an example of what we call a ''course description". Please make use of this example when providing your course descriptions.
- Please make sure your application is submitted correctly. Your application is deemed submitted when you receive an automatic notification within 10 minutes after pressing “Submit”. You might want to check the “Spam” folder to make sure it happened. In case you have not received a notification, it means that the application was not submitted properly or filled out as requested.
After you submit the online application form we will review it and will let you know within a week should we be in need of additional documents.
Within 2-3 weeks after the application closes, we will inform you whether you are accepted at the as an exchange student. You will receive a letter of admission as a confirmation by email.