The International Institute of Social Studies in The Hague is an international postgraduate school and one of the oldest and largest centres for the comparative study of social, political and economic development.
In the MA programme you learn about the most recent theories and debates in development studies and learn to apply this knowledge to practical issues of development and social change. Students come from government, NGOs, universities and private companies. The staff is drawn from around thirty countries from all over the world. Majors on offer:
- Agrarian, Food and Environmental Studies
- Economics of Development
- Governance and Development Policy
- Human Rights, Gender and Conflict Studies: Social Justice Perspectives
- Social Policy for Development
- Migration and Diversity track
The programme is invaluable to young and mid-career professionals currently working in the government sector, national or international NGOs and staff of Southern and Northern universities focusing on Development Studies.