Toelatingseisen voor Master Global History and International Relations
The Master's degree programme Global History and International Relations is tailored for talented and motivated students. Your background may be in history, or a related discipline.0
You can apply if:
- You have a university Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in history
- You have a university Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent social sciences, humanities, or a Bachelor’s degree from a university college. It is imperative that you can demonstrate that you have undertaken coursework in history (e.g. through electives or a minor).
3. You do not need to provide further evidence of English proficiency if:
- you have a Dutch ‘vwo’ grade of 7 or higher in English (final exam vwo-6);
- you hold an International Baccalaureate diploma including English Standard Level (A) or English Higher Level (A or B);
- you hold a European Baccalaureate diploma including English as 1st or 2nd language;
- you obtained at least 2,5 years of secondary education in Australia, Canada (other than Quebec), New Zealand, South-Africa, The USA, the UK or Ireland
- For graduates of recognised academic programmes taught entirely in English, the obligation to take a language test may be dropped after considering their academic performance.
If you do not meet one of the above requirements, you need to demonstrate proof of proficiency in English through any of the following:
- IELTS Academic (International English language Testing System) with a minimum score of 7.0 overall. All sub scores should at least be 6.5.
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 100. All sub scores should at least be 23.
- ITP-TOEFL (Institutional Testing Programme) offered by the Language & Training Centre at the EUR, or any other Dutch University. Minimum requirement: 627.
- Cambridge C1 Advanced or Cambridge C2 Proficiency with a minimum score of at least 185.
English tests must not be older than two years at the time of application. If you have not yet taken a test, we recommend IELTS or TOEFL.
The results need to reach us before 10 August. Therefore, take the test well before the summer holidays. Allow some time to re-take the test, if necessary!
Because the total number of students is limited, the following criteria will be taken into account in the admission procedure:
academic writing skills,
- analytical skills,
- average grade Bachelor,
- relevant extra-curricular activities,
- and above all: motivation.