Change of purpose
Are you registered as a full-time EUR student, and living in the Netherlands with a valid Dutch residence permit for another purpose than study (e.g. work permit or partner unification)?
Then you can apply for a change of purpose to change your permit into a student residence permit. Applications for a change of purpose of your residence permit can only be submitted to the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) through Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).
It is your own responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for the change of your residence permit in time. Failing to do so might have severe consequences for your ability to stay in the Netherlands! You are strongly advised to start the application process three months before your current residence permit expires. Make sure your registration at EUR is fully completed before you start your application.
- Pay the immigration fees of € 171 by transferring it to the bank account of Erasmus University Rotterdam, or pay the fees at the Erasmus Student Service Centre. Be sure to keep your proof of payment or a print screen of your online bank transfer – you need to upload it when submitting your application.
- Upload all the required documents for a change of purpose in Osiris Student. In Osiris Student, go to ‘My Cases’ and click on ‘Changes to permit’. Then select ‘Change of Purpose’.
- The International Office EUR checks all information and documentation. If additional information is required, we will contact you.
- If the information and documents are correct, we will submit an application for a change of purpose to the IND on your behalf. You will receive a confirmation by email when the application has been forwarded to the IND. The IND generally takes two to three months to process applications.
- Once the IND informs us that your application has been approved, you will receive a notification by email. The IND will then proceed to issue your new residence permit card. Since the IND needs your biometrical details to issue your residence permit, it is possible you will have to visit the IND office for your biometrics first.
- When your new residence permit card is ready to be picked up at the IND front office, we will send you another notification. Please note that this can take two to four weeks after your application has been approved.
If you come across any problems or have any questions, you can always email email@example.com.