Switching institutions

Are you switching your studies to Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) from another university in the Netherlands?

If you have a residence permit for study purposes that is valid for at least 6 months* from the moment you start your studies at EUR, you do not have to apply for another residence permit immediately.

You do need to take care of two procedures:

  1. Submit a copy of your current residence permit.
    • The Student Administration Department of the EUR needs this copy as soon as possible, in order to finalise your registration at EUR. We advise you to submit the copy of your permit immediately after you register for your programme through Studielink. Please contact the ESSC for assistance.
  2. Complete this form and send it to immigration@eur.nl.
    • EUR must notify the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) about your switch, in order for you to remain eligible for your study residence permit. By sending us the form, you authorise EUR to inform the IND about your switch. Please keep in mind that we can only proceed with notifying the IND once your registration at EUR is complete and your tuition fees have been paid.

Proof of financial means

As part of the form, you are asked to upload documentation proving you have sufficient financial means to cover your living expenses during your studies at EUR (min. € 900 for each month of study).

There are various ways to prove your financial solvency, more information can be found on the page with all the details on paying immigration costs.

*Does your permit expire within six months?

If you intend to study with us for longer than these six months, we strongly advise you to apply for an extension of your residence permit instead of the procedure outlined above.

(For International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) students a different procedure is in place. You will be contacted by your faculty regarding changes in your permit.)


Lost your residence permit?

Yep, it’s lost / stolen.

Advice & counselling

Reach out if you need help