EUR Excellence Scholarship
The EUR Excellence Scholarship is a scholarship that reduces the higher institute tuition fee for a second master’s degree to a tuition fee equal to the EEA/EU student’s statutory tuition fee. This scholarship is for outstanding EUR-students who wish to pursue a second master at the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Please note: this scholarship is only for current or former students of the Erasmus University Rotterdam who meet the nationality criteria for EEA / EU students.
Amount and duration EUR Excellence Scholarship
If you have already obtained a master’s degree and want to do a second fulltime master or research master at Erasmus University Rotterdam, you might be eligible for the EUR Excellence Scholarship, which allows you to pay a tuition fee equal to the EEA/EU students statutory tuition fee instead of the higher institute tuition fee.
The EUR Excellence Scholarship is applicable to the whole duration of the study programme as long as the student’s study pace is sufficient enough in order to complete the study programme within the nominal study period. The Scholarship cannot be extended beyond the nominal study period.
To qualify for the EUR Excellence Scholarship you must meet the following conditions:
- At least an average grade of 8.0 for an EUR degree programme (bachelor or master) in the last five years;
- You meet the nationality criteria for EEA / EU students who pay the statutory tuition fees (see here);
- You are enrolled for your second (fulltime or research) master at the EUR (post-initial programmes are not covered) or have a provisional certificate of registration for that master;
- You must apply for the scholarship before May 31 (see Application procedure)
1. Send your request before May 31, 2018 to the coordinator EUR Excellence Scholarship (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Your application includes the following:
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 A4);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Proof of admission to the master programme of your choice or a provisional certificate (via the Education Office of the master programme);
- Copies of certificates and transcript of records of higher education that show that you have graduated with an average grade of at least 8,0 for an EUR degree programme. If you have not received your certificate yet then you need to send a letter from the exam committee which shows that it is expected that you will graduate with an average grade of at least 8,0;
3. All applications will be checked and evaluated by a committee on motivation and grades.
4. In June, you'll be informed on the outcome of your application. Postpone completing and paying the digital authorization of tuition until the outcome.
- Awarded: You’ll receive a message that the Scholarship is awarded. After that, print the authorization (in which the tuition fee is lowered) and pay the reduced tuition to complete your registration. You have to start the master in the calendar year of granting the scholarship.
- Rejection: If the scholarship isn’t awarded, you can choose to cancel you registration. If you still want to follow the master, you can complete your registration by paying the high institutional tuition fee.
If you have any questions after reading this information then you can contact the coordinator of the EUR Excellence Scholarship:
Rianne Nieuwdorp, USC/E&S