Student ID card

Your student ID card

You will receive your student ID card when you first start studying at Erasmus University Rotterdam. Once your enrolment has been fully completed and all obligations met, your student ID card will be sent to your postal address in The Netherlands within two weeks. Otherwise, the card will be send to your study programme and they will contact you on how to collect it. This card will serve as your official identification for Erasmus University Rotterdam during your entire study period.

Your passport photo will be placed on your student card. To do so, we require a copy of your passport. You will receive an email with a personalised link to upload the passport photo. Need help uploading? There is a short manual available.

What can you do with your student ID card?

It is advisable that you always take your student card when you go to the university. During class, for example, you could be asked to show your student card and it is one proof of identity for written examinations. The student card also serves as a library card at the university library.

What to do if you lose your student ID card?

If you lose your student card, the finder is asked to return the card to Erasmus University Rotterdam, Student Administration Department/Enrolment, PO Box 1738, 3000 VB Rotterdam.

You can apply for a new student ID card at the ESSC in the Sanders Building (ground floor next to Food Court) or buy a new one online.
Buy a new student card online (€ 10,-) >>

A new student ID card costs € 10, but is free of charge if you can show via a police report that your student card was stolen. Payment is only possible by PIN or credit card.

Contact address if you have not received a student ID card

Have you met all enrolment obligations, but still have not received your student ID card? Please contact the ESSC.

Proof of enrolment

After completing your enrolment, you will receive two copies of your proof of enrolment per year. You can use these for organisations (e.g. insurance company, bank) that ask for this information. If you require an extra proof of enrolment, you may apply for this via the website of ESSC. An extra proof of enrolment is provided free of charge. It is not possible to get one at the ESSC desk.

Please note: the proof of enrolment does not mention the fact that you are attending a part-time study programme. It always uses the phrase ''full time student''. In our registration system it will be mentioned whether you are a student or not, and whether you are taking part in a part-time or fulltime study programme.

Faulty printed student ID cards

Please contact the ESSC.     

Go to Studielink

to enrol or re-enrol

Read more

ASK Erasmus

Find your answer in ASK Erasmus

ASK Erasmus