Centre for Health Economics Rotterdam (EsCHER) bundles leading expertise
With the launch of Erasmus Centre for Health Economics Rotterdam (EsCHER), Erasmus University Rotterdam bundles the unique and leading expertise of over 100 health economists affiliated to the university.
EsCHER aims to strengthen co-operation and stimulate innovation in research and teaching between the associated Schools, institutes and scholars, and to organise joint activities for sharing insights about contemporary challenges and novel findings, for peers, the public, and practitioners and policy makers in healthcare. In addition, EsCHER aims to be a single-point entry for those interested in health economics and to help them find and benefit from the expertise and education opportunities that Erasmus University Rotterdam has to offer.
EsCHER encompasses the following Schools and institutes of Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Health Economics – Erasmus School of Economics, dept. of Applied Economics, led by Prof. Eddy van Doorslaer
- Health Economics – Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management, led by Prof. Job van Exel
- Health Systems & Insurance – Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management, led by Prof. Erik Schut
- Health Technology Assessment – Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management, led by Prof. Carin Uyl-de Groot
- Institute for Medical Technology Assessment (iMTA), Director Matthijs Versteegh