An exchange programme allows you either to specialize in a certain direction or to broaden your knowledge. It is a valuable experience and a great investment for your future career! You are welcome to study at Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB) if you are a student at one of our partner universities within or outside Europe. Please check the list first to see if we have a contract with your university.
Why would I go on exchange?
There are numerous advantages of living an extended period in a foreign country. For example, by studying abroad you will distinguish yourself from your fellow students, not only because you take different courses, but also because you will grow personally, develop an international network and gain important skills. Next to that, think about the other advantages of participating in an exchange programme of ESSB:
- You don't have to pay fees at the host institution, but remain registered at your own university;
- You can obtain study credits (ECTS) for successfully completing your courses;
- If you are participating in ERASMUS+ programme, you will have a right to a monthly grant. ERASMUS and other international cooperation agreements are designed to encourage student mobility and university links within EU and non-EU countries. (please contact the coordinator at your home university for the possibility and availability of grants).
How can I study in Rotterdam?
Please keep in mind that you first need to ask the international office/exchange coordinator at your home university what needs to be done in order to be nominated as an exchange student in Rotterdam. After your nomination by your home university there is a lot to consider, a lot to prepare for, a lot to process, a lot to coordinate. Don't worry though – on these webpages, you will find all the information you need on:
- Choosing Erasmus University Rotterdam as an exchange destination;
- The education system at ESSB;
- The eligibility criteria for being an exchange student at ESSB;
- The timeline of exchange;
- How to choose courses during your online application;
- What else you need to do once you are admitted.
Read all the information carefully to get yourself ready for an unforgettable experience!